Lych Gate To Churchyard

Date:
21 Sep 2000
Location:
Lych Gate To Churchyard, Longhirst Village, Longhirst, Castle Morpeth, Northumberland
Reference:
IOE01/02328/08
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

LONGHIRST LONGHIRST VILLAGE NZ 2288 (East side) 11/37 Lych gate to churchyard GV II Lych gate 1885. Rock-faced stone and ashlar, timber superstructure; red tile roof. Paired stepped angle buttresses; 3-light opening on each side with moulded colonnettes and chamfered lintel. Corbels support wooden arch; wagon roof. Brass inscribed panel on wall-plate stating that the gate was erected by the children of the Rev. Edward Lawson in memory of their father.

Listing NGR: NZ2253588911

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2213 IOE Records taken by David J Wilkinson; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr David J Wilkinson. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Wilkinson, David J

Rights Holder: Wilkinson, David J

Keywords

Ashlar, Brass, Stone, Tile, Timber, Victorian Lych Gate, Religious Ritual And Funerary

Back
to top