Former Stables Approximately 130 Yards North North West Of Longford Hall

Date:
13 Jul 2001
Location:
Former Stables Approximately 130 Yards North North West Of Longford Hall, Church Aston, Telford And Wrekin, Shropshire, TF10 8LR
Reference:
IOE01/02417/05
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

LONGFORD LONGFORD 1.

5362 Former Stables approximately 130 yds north-north-west of Longford Hall SJ 71Nll 24/453

II GV

2.

Late C17 old brick range of stables converted to houses. Tiled roof with gabled ends. Two-storeys. Six window range. Modern 2-light casements with glazing bars in segmental arched openings. Two doorways with chamfered sandstone jambs and segmental arches with corbelled keystones. At the centre a plain brick arched doorway. Two brick string courses with diagonally set dentils. Sandstone plinth.

Large sundials on front and end walls dated 1680. Modern garage in gable end.

Brick lean to at rear.

Listing NGR: SJ7280618346

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0351 IOE Records taken by Veronica Caperon; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Ms Veronica Caperon. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Caperon, Veronica

Rights Holder: Caperon, Veronica

Keywords

Brick, Sandstone, Tile, Stuart Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Sundial, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Garden Ornament, Garage, Road Transport Site, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling

Back
to top