Watts Monument In The Churchyard About 25 Metres South West Of Tower Of Church Of St Mary Magdalene

Date:
17 Jun 2000
Location:
Watts Monument In The Churchyard About 25 Metres South West Of Tower Of Church Of St Mary Magdalene, Church Street, Tormarton, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, GL9 1HT
Reference:
IOE01/02496/22
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 77 NE TORMARTON C.P. CHURCH STREET (east side)

6/265 Watts monument in the churchyard about 25 metres south west of G.V. tower of Church of St. Mary Magdalene

II

Chest tomb. Early C19. Sandstone. Hipped top, moulded base, to east and west a shield, quarter balusters, shaped raised panel north and south set in moulded surround. To Mary Watts, 1837 and other members of the family.

Listing NGR: ST7692578828

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0822 IOE Records taken by Sarah J Golding; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Ms Sarah J Golding. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Golding, Sarah J

Rights Holder: Golding, Sarah J

Keywords

Sandstone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top