Franklin Monument In Churchyard, 53 Metres South Of South Aisle, Church Of St Mary

Date:
5 Aug 2001
Location:
Franklin Monument In Churchyard, 53 Metres South Of South Aisle, Church Of St Mary, Church End, Purton, North Wiltshire, Wiltshire, SN5 4EB
Reference:
IOE01/02535/22
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SU 08 NE PURTON CHURCH END 8/294 Franklin monument in churchyard, south of south aisle, Church of St. Mary GV II

Oval chest tomb. C19. Limestone. Moulded table and base and raised panels in four quarters, all surmounted by short pyramid clasped by acanthus brackets. To JOHN FRANKLIN and MARTHA his wife, died 1831. Franklin was a monumental mason of local note whose tablets frequently appear in east Wiltshire and neighbourhood.

Listing NGR: SU0970687111

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1597 IOE Records taken by Chris Pocock; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Chris Pocock. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Pocock, Chris

Rights Holder: Pocock, Chris

Keywords

Limestone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top