This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
4415 CHURCH LANE N17 (West Side) Tottenham ---------------- Parish Church of All Hallows TQ 3390 17/37 22.7.49.
C14 west tower of small flint-rubble with stone dressings. Diagonal buttresses.
Battlemented top renewed in C18 in brick,, and brick plinth. Circa 1500 aisles that on south of original rubble with brick plinth, that on north recased in C20 brick.
7-bay nave was originally the whole church. Rood staircase turret appears at 5th bay. Contemporary brick south porch with stone dressings and restored battlemented parapet. Nave, arcades, chancel and transepts rebuilt by Butterfield in 1875.
Red brick with stone diapering and stone bands. Rich interior with much tiling and marble especially in arcaded sanctuary. Font and pulpit of polished crinoidal limestone with granites and marbles. Organ and case untouched from the Butterfield restoration. Arch braced nave roof oddly painted in "trompe l'oeil" to suggest intermediate braces. Some handsome C17 monuments and early C17 brasses.
Listing NGR: TQ3331590854
© Quentin Ball. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Ball, Quentin
Rights Holder: Ball, Quentin
Brick, Flint, Rubble, Stone, Medieval Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Commemorative Brass