Mary Glass Monument In Churchyard About 8 Metres North Of North East Angle Of Church Of St Mary

Date:
22 Sep 2000
Location:
Mary Glass Monument In Churchyard About 8 Metres North Of North East Angle Of Church Of St Mary, High Street, Potterne, Kennet, Wiltshire, SN10 5NA
Reference:
IOE01/02574/07
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 9958 POTTERNE HIGH STREET (east side)

14/149 Mary Glass monument in churchyard about 8m north of north- east angle of Church of St Mary

GV II

Chest tomb, late C18, ashlar with large south side bordered oval plaque with cherub heads in spandrels, draped urns each side and husk drops on angle piers. Moulded base and cornice with fluted frieze. North side has 2 fielded plaques with draped urn between.

Fluted angle piers with oval paterae. Inscription to Mary Glass d.1796. Spearhead iron railings around.

Listing NGR: ST9956358557

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0354 IOE Records taken by Gill Cardy; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Gill Cardy. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cardy, Gill

Rights Holder: Cardy, Gill

Keywords

Ashlar, Iron, Georgian Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument, Railings, Monument <By Form>, Barrier

Back
to top