Church Of The Good Shepherd
- 20 Aug 2000
- Church Of The Good Shepherd, Queen Marys Avenue, Sutton, Greater London
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
QUEEN MARYS AVENUE 1.
4430 Church of the Good MAPYS AVt'+1+E TQ 2743 33/251 Shepherd Shepherd ., Carshalton-on-The-Hill II 2. Built 1930 by Martin Travers and T F W Grant. Spanish Baroque style.
Built of stock brick with copper roof. 7 bays, Nave and Chancel in one with stepped buttresses. West bellcote and porch. Fixed metal casement windows. Interior has barrel vaulted roof. Wooden altar rail with turned buttresses. Hieratic Crucifix above altar. 5 gold painted star-shaped lights. Rear wooden organ loft supported on massive console brackets and large wooden architrave. 2 panels of stained glass, St. Nicholas and Virgin and Child.
Listing NGR: TQ2767763168
© Mr Christopher Fransella. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Fransella, Christopher
Rights Holder: Fransella, Christopher
Brick, Copper, 20th Century Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship