This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
MILLOM A5093 SD 18 SE (south side) 15/31 Sundial approx 6 m to south of Church of Holy Trinity (qv) GV II Sundial. Possibly medieval on later shaft. Ashlar. Square base, octagonal shaft with broach stops to lower end. Head has chamfered angles, top and bottom and 4 shields, 2 with Hudleston arms, one with Chaucer arms, one with arms of Broughton (extinct 1495). Mortice in top for round plate.
Listing NGR: SD1711081286
© Mr Julian Thurgood. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Thurgood, Julian
Rights Holder: Thurgood, Julian
Ashlar, Medieval Sundial, Tudor Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Elizabethan Garden Ornament, Coat Of Arms, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument