This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TL 15NW COLMWORTH CHURCH END, CHURCH ROAD
5/9 Parish Church of St Denys 13.7.64 (formerly listed as Parish Church of Saint Dennis)
Parish church. Circa 1430, window tracery reworked C19. Chancel of cobblestones, coursed freestone rubble elsewhere, all with ashlar dressinqs.
Chancel, N vestry, nave, S porch, W tower, all with embattled parapets.
Chancel: depressed 2-centred arched 5-light E window, flanked by buttresses.
One window to N wall, 2 to S wall, all pointed arched with 3-lights. N doorway has 4-centred head and label. Priest's door to S wall. N vestry: 2- light E window. 2 squints blocked by Dyer monument. Tall narrow chancel arch. Nave: 3 windows each side, similar to chancel ones. Rood loft staircase to NE with 3 doorways. Squint S of chancel arch. N doorway. Tower arch similar to chancel one. S porch: intended to be vaulted, has 2 springers. W tower: 4 stages, diagonal buttresses, octagonal spire with lucarnes. Cornice below parapet has shield to each side. W window similar to those elsewhere. Interior: C15 octagonal font with shields and flowers.
Chancel has finely worked large alabaster figured monument, 1641, to Sir William Dyer and family. Purbeck slab with inscribed copper plate, 1389 to Alianora Braybrook in chancel S wall. Fraqments of C15 glass, including whole angel, to chancel N window. Other qlass by Heaton, Butler and Bayne, London 1893. Roofs restored, but nave retains C15 foliate bosses, carved braces and figures, and angels in centre of each bay holding shields and emblems of the Passion.
Listing NGR: TL1088458580