This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
GREAT MILTON CHURCH ROAD SP60SW (East side) 5/108 Entrance screen approx. 60m.
SW of the Manor house
Entrance gates and screens. c.1908 by E.P. Warren. Yellow limestone. 4 piers with moulded caps and bases and ball finials. The centre pair, with panelled front and rear are set back and contain wrought-iron gates, and are linked to the outer pair by curving railings with decorative panels and finials over a low wall. Forms a continuation of the wall containing the late c16 former entrance gates. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SP6280002356
© Mrs Pauline A. Jorgensen. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Jorgensen, Pauline A.
Rights Holder: Jorgensen, Pauline A.
Limestone, Wrought Iron, Victorian Garden Screen, 20th Century Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Agriculture And Subsistence, Gate, Unassigned, Railings, Monument <By Form>, Barrier
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.