Brampton Hill Farmhouse, Farmbuilding Approximately 75 Metres South

Date:
23 May 2002
Location:
Brampton Hill Farmhouse, Farmbuilding Approximately 75 Metres South, Chapel Brampton, Daventry, Northamptonshire
Reference:
IOE01/07458/15
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SP76NW CHAPEL BRAHPTON

8/98 Brampton Hill Farmhouse, farmbuilding approx 75 metres south

GV II

Farmbuilding. Mid C19. Built by the Spencer family. Squared coursed lias with slate roof. H-plan. North face has centre block of 2 storeys with flanking single storey range. Central door with flanking window openings and hay loft door above. Simple pediments over. Central stable door in each flanking wing has windows to left and right. All openings have flat arch heads. Remains of clock face in pediment. Single storey range of cart sheds to rear of centre block with range of barns attached to south. C20 alterations to buildings at rear. The Spencers were leading C19 agriculturalists and and this building is an example of part of a range of unaltered commercial farm buildings.

Listing NGR: SP7197266656

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1377 IOE Records taken by Michael E Megeary; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Michael E. Megeary. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Megeary, Michael E.

Rights Holder: Megeary, Michael E.

Keywords

Lias, Slate, Georgian Farm Building, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Agricultural Building, Barn, Cart Shed, Transport, Road Transport Site