This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TL 6624 STEBBING HIGH STREET 10/399 (West Side) 20.2.67 Stebbing Memorial Club formerly listed as County Library and Recreation Room
Memorial Hall circa 1674. Hipped red plain tile roof. Red brick in flemish bond, with hipped end to road. Diapering and ornamental patterning in black header bricks. Central red brick band, returning above windows in flank walls.
2 small paned sliding sash windows to front and 3 leaded casements to right return wall, the front with folding external shutters. Central window on flank wall was formerly doorway. Segmental arches with timber "heads" to all windows.
Central flat headed porch supported by two Tuscan columns above which is a moulded brick plaque dated 1674. 6 panelled door in moulded surround.
Listing NGR: TL6620924152
This is part of the Series: IOE\Knight_Stephen IOE Records for Knight, Stephen; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Stephen Knight. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Knight, Stephen
Rights Holder: Knight, Stephen
Brick, Tile, Stuart Meeting Hall, Civil, Public Building, Recreational, Recreational Hall, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Public Library, Education, Library