Church Of St Andrew
- 14 Jun 2002
- Church Of St Andrew, Norwich Road, Guist, Breckland, Norfolk
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TG 02 NW GUIST NORWICH ROAD (north-side)
2/21 Church of St.Andrew 30.5.60
Parish church. Medieval and later. Flint with ashlar dressings. Plaintile roofs. Western tower; nave with north aisle and south porch; chancel. Un- buttressed tower, probably C16, with canted stair turret to south. Restored 2-light Y-traceried west window, quatrefoil sound holes, plain 2-light bell- openings with 4-centred heads and parapet. Nave with one 2-light and one 3-light panel traceried late Perpendicular windows with flat heads to south.
North aisle of 1889 with 5 trefoil lancets. C13 plain chamfered south door with hood mould. Chancel of 1881 by H.Green of Norwich. Porch of 1907.' interior. Perpendicular tower arch with 3 plain chamfered orders on semi- circular responds. North arcade of 1889 in Early English style with columns and ovolo-moulded arches. Good C18 and C19 wall tablets in chancel to the Norris and Wigget families. 2 windows with Victorian stained glass.
Listing NGR: TG0002025606
Copyright IoE Mr Cyril Bush. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Bush, Cyril
Rights Holder: Bush, Cyril
Ashlar, Flint, Tile, Medieval Parish Church, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Elizabethan Church, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative