Church Of St Andrew
- 21 Aug 2002
- Church Of St Andrew, Village Street, Layham, Babergh, Suffolk
- Church Of St Andrew, Church Lane, Layham, Babergh, Suffolk
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LAYHAM CHURCH LANE 1.
5377 Church of St Andrew (formerly listed under Village Street) TM 04 SW 42/694 23.1.58.
II 2 A flint and stone church of C14 origin but almost completely renewed when the church was restored in the C19. The red brick west tower was built in 1742 to replace an earlier C13-C14 tower of which the nave arch remains. The interior has a hexagonal C13 font.
Listing NGR: TM0306540311
Copyright IoE Mrs Hilary Davies. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Davies, Hilary
Rights Holder: Davies, Hilary
Brick, Flint, Stone, Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship