This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1781 BROOK STREET (South East Side) Congregational Chapel (formerly listed as Congregational Church) SP 2864 NW 1/411 10.1.53.
Originally built by Independents in or about 1758 and enlarged in 1798 and 1825. Interior consists of a rectangular room with gallery supported on slender pillars on three sides. 'Regency' plaster decoration on wall behind pulpit. 19th century pews. Pulpit in centre of wall behind communion table. Stucco pedimented front with pilasters, 1825.
The Congregational Chapel and Gateway form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2806864810
© Helmut Schulenburg. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Schulenburg, Helmut
Rights Holder: Schulenburg, Helmut
Stucco, Georgian Congregational Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship