Stables At Buntingsdale Hall / The Coach House And The Paddocks

Date:
30 Jun 2001
Location:
Stables At Buntingsdale Hall, Tayleur Drive, Sutton Upon Tern, North Shropshire, Shropshire, TF9 2EW
Show all locations
The Coach House And The Paddocks, Tayleur Drive, Sutton Upon Tern, North Shropshire, Shropshire, TF9 2EW
Reference:
IOE01/07695/06
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
To ask us about this record, please make an enquiry.
Request a copy

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SUTTON UPON TERN C.P. TAYLEUR DRIVE (south side) SJ 63 SE 3/138 The Coach House and The Paddocks (Formerly listed 14.2.79 as Stables at Buntingsdale Hall) GV II

Stable block and coach house, now 2 dwellings. Circa 1721 with c.1857 alterations and additions. Some late C20 alterations. Red brick with red sandstone ashlar dressings. Hipped plain tile roof. U-plan. 2 storeys.

East front: chamfered stone quoins, at corners and flanking centre break, stone floor band and dentil brick eaves cornice. Central break has 3-bay triangular- pedimented gable with returned moulded stone coping, and octagonal wooden clock face in tympanum above moulded stone cill on scrolled brackets. Octagonal wooden cupola consisting of round arches with moulded imposts and keys, moulded cornice and ogee lead dome. 1:3:1 bays; C18 windows with fixed C20 lights, moulded stone cills and gauged brick segmental heads which have raised panelled keystones with moulded tops. Central C20 boarded door with overlight and segmental-headed rusticated surround with gauged-brick arch above. Right- hand return front: 5 bays. Recessed first-floor oculi. Large ground- floor former coach-house doorways with rusticated stone piers and painted segmental brick heads with raised triple keystones. 2 right-hand openings retaining pairs of large 6-panelled doors with L-hinges and 3 to left blocked in C20 with new windows and door inserted. One-storey rear wing with stone quoins and dentil brick eaves cornice. Segmental-headed window and keyed segmental-headed doorway. Interior not inspected. This was formerly the stable block and coach house to Buntingsdale Hall (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SJ6543432590

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Dunford_Anthony J IOE Records for Dunford, Anthony J; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mr Anthony J Dunford. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Dunford, Anthony J

Rights Holder: Dunford, Anthony J

Keywords

Ashlar, Brick, Sandstone, Stone, Tile, Stuart Stable, Georgian Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Coach House, Road Transport Site