- 7 Aug 2002
- The Chantry, 4 Centre Place, Alveley, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV15 6NF
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1954 ALVELEY ALVELEY CENTRE PLACE
No 4 (The Chantry) SO 78 SE 33/6 9.3.70.
Dated 1706 and 1725, later alterations, Whitewashed brick plaintile roof; restored brick stacks; coped end gable to right-hand. Two-storey, 2 windows, later diamond-paned casements, keyed lintels to 1st floor; central square- headed doorway with gabled hood; plain brick band at 1st floor level; stone tablet between upper windows inscribed with initials and date 1725; earlier gabled projecting wing to left-hand, whitewashed rubble, plain-tiles, stone coping to gable; 2-storey plain central door; later casement to upper floor; stone tablet above inscribed with initials and date 1706. Poor later features to south end elevation.
Church of St Mary. Churchyard Cross and walls, and all the buildings in Centre Place form a group.
Listing NGR: SO7603984525
Copyright IoE Mr Michael Cox. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Cox, Michael
Rights Holder: Cox, Michael
Brick, Rubble, Tile, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship