This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1954 ALVELEY ALVELEY CENTRE PLACE
Church Cottages SO 78 SE 33/5 9.3.70.
C17, C18 and later. One building, formerly 3 dwellings. 2 storey, L-shaped frontage. Whitewashed brick; plaintiled roof; end gabled; brick left-hand end stack; dentilled eaves to right-hand wing. Gabled projecting wing to left-hand has timber framed upper floor, one such window with glazing bars per floor; later cement in gable face; later panelled door in simple wood doorcase with shallow ledge hood; two sash windows per floor to right- hand wing; thick glazing bars; flush frames, cambered head openings; two similar later panelled doors in doorcases with ledge hoods.
Church of St Mary. Churchyard Cross and walls, and all the buildings in Centre Place form a group.
Listing NGR: SO7597284514
© Mr Michael Cox. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cox, Michael
Rights Holder: Cox, Michael
Brick, Tile, Timber, Tudor Timber Framed House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Timber Framed Building, Jacobean House, Domestic, Dwelling
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.