This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ 74 NW MARDEN HUNTON ROAD (west side)
1/96 New Lodge House 23.5.67 (formerly listed as New Lodge) GV II
Farmhouse, now house. 1797, with later additions to rear.
Chequered red and grey brick. Plain tile roof. 2 storeys. Brick plinth in English bond. Plat band. Moulded eaves cornice with small Ionic modillions. Gables. Gable end stacks with dentilled brick cornices. Regular 3-window front of two tripartite sashes and central 16-pane sash in open boxes. Tripartite sashes to ground floor with cambered heads to architraves and with rubbed brick voussoirs. Central door of six fielded panels, in panelled recess. Semi-circular fanlight with radiating glazing bars on outer side of recess. Architrave of engaged Ionic columns, with moulded modillioned broken-based triangular pediment. Date stone to left side of left stack inscribed "R C 1797". Short rear return wing to left in same materials but with parapet and two 12-pane sashes. Extension to left wing, slightly set back, with red and grey brick ground floor, tile-hung first floor and gable end stack. Rear wing to right, recessed from right gable end adjoining and flush with left extension, with half-hipped roof.
Further brick and tile-hung rear block with moulded wooden eaves cornice and hipped roof, adjoining rear right corner of right rear wing. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ7318947045
© Mr Michael D Rowe. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Rowe, Michael D
Rights Holder: Rowe, Michael D
Brick, Tile, Georgian Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Monument <By Form>