This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TL 3915 WARE RURAL BABB'S GREEN (east side) Hareside 10/1 Church of the Holy Trinity (C of E) 24.1.67
Church. 1841 by Thomas Smith, polygonal vestry c1900. Yellow brick with stone dressings and slate roofs. C12 Italian Romanesque style small church with apsidal chancel (hexagonal outside) wide transepts with galleries, unaisled nave, vestry, and a vaulted crypt under the E parts. The galleries are reached by staircases in the angles between nave and transepts, the northern one carried up as an octagonal bell turret. W gable entrance, stone round-arched, enriched with dogtooth carving.
Romanesque wheel-window over. Narrow round-headed windows.
Consistent use of dogtooth round arches in interior on wooden pew ends, gallery fronts, and internal porch. Romanesque style wooden organcase with battlements. Nook-shafts and zig-zag ornament to apse. Corbels and cushion caps to crossing arch.
Painted texts on walls. Flared stone font on short columns with scalloped cans. Victorian stained glass. Puginesque brass in chancel to Rev H H Coddington 1845. (Pevsner (1977) 332).
Listing NGR: TL3946715931
© Mr A. Gude. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Gude, A.
Rights Holder: Gude, A.
Brick, Slate, Stone, Victorian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Brass, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument