This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NY 35 NW BURGH BY SANDS Moorhouse
5/72 Former Friends' Meeting House 1/4/57 G.V. II
Barn formerly Friends' Meeting House. Dated 1733 over entrance. English garden wall bond brickwork on chamfered stone plinth; graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and kneelers. 1 storeys, 5 bays. 4-panel double doors in moulded round arch with impost blocks and false dated keystone. External wooden shutters to windows which are in plain stone surrounds. Projecting square stones, a little above and between the windows. Attic 2-light windows to extreme right. Interior may have remains of its original woodwork which was there in 1974, but bales of straw inside at time of survey prevent examination.
See David M. Butler, Quaker Meeting Houses of the Lake Counties, 1978, pp9-11.
Listing NGR: NY3357956666
© Mr John Wright. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Wright, John
Rights Holder: Wright, John
Brick, Slate, Stone, Georgian Nonconformist Meeting House, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Barn, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building