This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SU 65 NE TUNWORTH 16/22 26.4.57 Church of All Saints
C12, C13, and 1854. Two-cell Norman church, much restored in 1854. Tile roof, with timber-framed and clad bell turret at the west end, with a small broach spire. Walls of flint with some stone, stone dressings, including a buttress at the west side. A small north window in the nave is Norman and a similar small but tiny lancet is on the north side of the chancel. A pointed transitional arch head. The narrow chancel opening. Other larger (including traceried) lights are of the restoration period. The south door is a recessed pointed arch of about 1300, protected by a timber-framed, porch of 1908. C17 almsbox; otherwise all the fittings are of the late period.
Listing NGR: SP6680252900
© Mr Charles Cordy-Simpson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cordy-Simpson, Charles
Rights Holder: Cordy-Simpson, Charles
Flint, Stone, Tile, Timber, Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship