This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NY 47 SW ARTHURET CARWINLEY
15/7 Carwinley Mill II
House, formerly miller's house. Dated 1826, with carved panel of coat of arms of Graham of Netherby; stone on porch is inscribed FRANCIS BLAYLOCK, MASON, 1826.
Whitewashed sandstone rubble with raised and flush quoins; hipped graduated green slate roof, cream brick chimney stack. Central 2-storey projecting bay with single-storey entrance porch to left; 1-storey bay to right. Plank door in pointed chamfered arch. Central projecting canted bay sash window with glazing bars; double round-arched casement window above, in chamfered surround. Triple casement window with round arches to right, large projecting red sandstone hood and coat of arms above. Mill to west is derelict and roofless and not included in listing. Mill pond to east is now dry but was used in C20 to power a turbine for the electric supply to Netherby Hall. Outbuildings excluded from listing.
Listing NGR: NY4039072924
© Mr Andrew Tyler. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Tyler, Andrew
Rights Holder: Tyler, Andrew
Brick, Rubble, Sandstone, Slate, Georgian Mill House, Domestic, Industrial House, House, Dwelling, Industrial, Coat Of Arms, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument, Date Stone, Commemorative Stone, Mill, Industrial Building, Turbine House, Engine House, Power Generation Site, Steam Power Production Site, Mill Pond, Water Supply And Drainage, Pond, Water Power Production Site