This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1841 CHURCH STREET (East Side) ) Nos 4 & 6 TL 8115 3/4 II GV 2.
Possibly a late C16 timber-framed and plastered house re-roofed and altered in the early C19. 2 storeys and cellars. 4 window range, double-hung sashes with glazing bars, in flush cased frames. The doorways have pedimented hoods on brackets. The front has C20 pargetted patterns. Roofs slate.
Nos 2 (White Horse Public House) Nos 4 and 6 form a group with No 18 and Smithy, Nos 20 to 30 (even), Parish Church of St Nicholas, the Vicarage, No 35 (Barnardiston) and Nos 43 to 55 (odd) Chippinghill.
Listing NGR: TL8179815299
© Mr M W Keogh. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Keogh, M W
Rights Holder: Keogh, M W
Pargeting, Plaster, Slate, Timber, Tudor Timber Framed House, Elizabethan Monument (By Form), Timber Framed Building, House, Domestic, Dwelling