This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST4717 STOKE SUB HAMDON CP NORTH STREET (East side) 6/313 Nos. 18, 22 and 24 - GV II Row of 3 cottages, formerly 4. Circa 1800. Ham stone roughly cut and squired, ashlar dressings; double Roman clay tiled roofs between stepped coped gables; brick chimney stacks. Two storeys; 4 bays in all, the southern half of No. 18 being a later addition. Plain mullioned windows of 3 lights, slight chamfers, no labels, to bays 1, 2 and 3, the lower window of bay 1 now converted to casement window, with added single-light window to right; bay 4 has 2-light small-pane casement windows: plain doorways with boarded doors, to right of No. 24 and to left at No. 22, formerly to right of No.
20, now blocked with a 2-light casement window, and to left of No. 18. Interiors not seen. The row has considerable group value with "The Priory" (q.v).
Listing NGR: ST4738117467
© Mr JE Leeson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Leeson, Je
Rights Holder: Leeson, Je
Ashlar, Clay, Ham Hill Stone, Roman Tile, Georgian Row, Domestic, Multiple Dwelling, Dwelling, Row House, Monument (By Form), House