This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5141 PAMPHILL Stables and Coach-house at Kingston Lacey House ST 90 SE 3/16 2.11.82 II GV 2.
Dated WRBC for William R Banker 1880. Brick walls with stone dressings and rusticated angle pilasters. Slate roofs with stone eaves cornice.
Quadrangular plan. One storey and attics. Main (east) entrance front has a central archway with moulded arch and rusticated Tuscan pilasters. Panelled gates. Pediment above this with date stone and small circular window. Bell turret over pediment has brick base with stone balustraded section above, carrying an ogee-shaped leaf-covered cap with weathervane. On each side of the archway are four semi-circular windows with brick and stone arches, each set in a recessed panel. Stone string course below windows. Attic has four gabled dormers each side, with casements with glazing bars.
Inner elevations of stables have flush panel doors and double-hung sash windows with glazing bars on ground floor. Attics have loft doors under gables. The west range contains coach-houses, with large timber doors on ground floor, and gabled dormers with double-hung sashes in attic.
Listing NGR: ST9776601324
© Mr Trevor Fenwick. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Fenwick, Trevor
Rights Holder: Fenwick, Trevor
Brick, Slate, Victorian Bell Tower, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Coach House, Road Transport Site