This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TL 4446 DUXFORD ROYSTON ROAD (South Side) 14/69 Hangar B, Duxford Aerodrome 15.2.73 (Imperial War Museum) GV II Aircraft hangar. 1917-18 built by German prisoners of War. Brick and concrete buttressed walls, concrete posts forming internal 'arcade' between two bays. Lattice braced segmental roof trusses with ventilation louvres.
Slidiny wooden doors spanning the width. Rare survival of a first World War hanger, originally one of four, now in use by the Imperial War Museum to store and display historic aircraft.
V.C.H., Vol. VI, p202
Listing NGR: TL4592346102
© Mr Peter Tree. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Tree, Peter
Rights Holder: Tree, Peter
Brick, Concrete, Timber, 20th Century Aircraft Hangar, Transport, Hangar, Air Transport Site