This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BEAMINSTER FLEET STREET, (EAST SIDE) ST 4701/4801 7/66 The Beaminster Institute GV II
Institute and Public Hall, detached. Dated 1902. Currently local hall, with private club over. Ashlar stone walls with chamfered plinth. Ovolo string-course at frist floor level. Moulded wooden eaves-cornice. Hipped slate roof. Projecting stacks on end walls, carried up into stone stacks with moulded cornices. 2 storeys. 5 windows, sashes with glazing-bars.
Projecting stone architraves and stone cills. Front door, at centre.
Doorway, round-headed with a roll-moulding and large dropped keystone.
2-leaf door with panels, semi-circular fanlight and glazing-bars. Stone at right-hand corner above plinth: "This stone was laid by Peter Meech, a native of Beaminster, 17th June 1902".
Listing NGR: ST4807801369
© Mr Derek Beauchamp. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Beauchamp, Derek
Rights Holder: Beauchamp, Derek
Ashlar, Slate, Stone, Victorian Public Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building, Institute, Education, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Club, Recreational