Pump House, 18 Metres West Of High Green Farmhouse

Date:
26 May 2004
Location:
Pump House, 18 Metres West Of High Green Farmhouse, High Green, Mickleton, Teesdale, Durham
Reference:
IOE01/10780/24
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

MICKLETON HIGH GREEN NY 9723 28/128 Pump house, 18 metres west of High Green Farmhouse GV II Pump house. Circa 1829 (wood water pump inside dated 1829). Dressed sandstone; stone-tiled roof; wood and iron pump.

Small, square-plan pump house has low plinth. Boarded door to west; ground- level, stone water spout to north; 4-pane casement to east. Low-pitched roof, hipped to north. Pump with lead panel inscribed: T.D. 1829.

Barn attached to south not of special interest.

Included for group value.

Listing NGR: NY9741923550

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1212 IOE Records taken by Derek Le Mare; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Derek Le Mare. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Le Mare, Derek

Rights Holder: Le Mare, Derek

Keywords

Iron, Sandstone, Stone, Wood, Georgian Pump House, Victorian Water Supply And Drainage, Water Supply Site, Industrial, Water Power Production Site, Power Generation Site, Water Pump, Pump