This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SO 60 SW LYDNEY CHURCH ROAD (east side)
7/103 Gates, Gate piers and boundary walls to Rectory
GV II Gates, gate piers and boundary walls. 1841. Sandstone walls in rubble with flat weathered and throated coping extending in all c28 metres north from wall by lych-gate to Church of St Mary (qv); generally c2m high, with one pair of square gate piers on unweathered plinths and with flat pyramidal cappings over projecting square-edged abacus and pair of wooden gates with original iron straps and fittings; also a second pair of similar gate piers without gates.
Wall returns at left end to back wall of Rectory (qv).
Listing NGR: SO6331102588
© Mr Ian Stow. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Stow, Ian
Rights Holder: Stow, Ian
Rubble, Sandstone, Wood, Victorian Gate, Unassigned, Gate Pier, Boundary Wall, Monument (By Form), Wall, Barrier, Boundary