The Old Rectory

Date:
2 Sep 2007
Location:
The Old Rectory, 2 Common Lane, Hemingford Abbots, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28 9AN
Reference:
IOE01/12919/29
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

HEMINGFORD ABBOTS COMMON LANE 1.

5140 (north side) No 2 (The Old Rectory) TL 28 71 14/4 II* GV 2.

Originally the rectory, built in 1813, with an early C18 rear wing. Yellow gault brick slate roof with parapet gables. End stacks and one ridge stack each with paired diagonal shafts. Range of four first-floor casement windows with Gothic arch-headed glazing bars and tracery. Similar two and three-light casements with transomes at ground floor. Flat-roofed canted bay window to right hand with three two-light windows in flat-headed arches with spandrels and drip moulds. Porch at west gable, flat-roofed, with six-panelled door in segmental headed arched doorway with drip mould. Interior has original pine staircase and panelled doors. One early C18 sash window and door to back range.

Listing NGR: TL2822871169

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2160 IOE Records taken by J M Webber; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr JM Webber. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Webber, Jm

Rights Holder: Webber, Jm

Keywords

Brick, Slate, Stuart House, Georgian Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling, Building, Unassigned, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling