This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP 83 SW NEWTON LONGVILLE DRAYTON ROAD (east side)
2/112 The Old Parsonage,The Old Rectory and flat (formerly listed as The Rectory)
3 houses. The Old Vicarage:C18, altered. Vitreous brick with red dressings, band course and slate roof. N. section has 2 storeys and 2 bays of leaded 2-light windows with rendered voussoir heads. Later extensions and alterations to south. Interior has fragments of timber frame, cambered moulded tie beam in first floor room and C18 staircase with turned balusters, newel columns and moulded handrail. Linking wing to The Old Rectory has 2 C20 doors in Georgian style doorcases.
The Old Rectory and flat: dated 1830 on rainwater head. Red brick with plain parapet and pantile roof. 3 storeys. S.E. front of 3 bays. Barred sash windows to centre bay, flanking tripartite sashes, those to ground floor in segmental arches with panelled tympana. Upper windows have gauged brick heads. Entry in centre bay has wide double doors with arched glazed panels and panelled tympanum below C20 segmental hood.
Hood on Doric columns that were formerly inside the house. Side walls have similar windows, some blocked. S.W. front has c.1900 conservatory to centre. RCHM II p 215 MON 3
Listing NGR: SP8482831298
This is part of the Series: IOE01/0915 IOE Records taken by George Harper; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
© Mr George Harper. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Harper, George
Rights Holder: Harper, George
Brick, Pantile, Render, Slate, Timber, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Timber Framed House, Timber Framed Building, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, Apartment, Rainwater Head, Water Supply And Drainage, Conservatory, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Glasshouse, Garden Building