This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP 7046 SOUTH LITTLETON MAIN STREET 6/31 (West Side)
30.7.59 Church of St Michael GV II*
Church C13 and C15 heavily restored 1883 by F Preedy. Blue lias stone with plain tile roofs. West tower, nave with South porch and North transept, chancel. Tower 2 stage C15 with 2-light bell openings and embattled parapet. Diagonal buttresses.
Nave; small cusped C13 lancet, round arched C12 South door and 2 C15 hollow chamfer 3-light windows to South side. Timber South proch rebuilt 1883. North transept with small C13 lancets to East and West and paired cusped lancets to North. 1883 arch to nave. Chancel with renewed 3-light East window, small C18 square North window, and to South side late C13 2-light window, Tudor-arched door with 2-light Perp window adjacent hollow chamfered with carved head stops to hoodmould. Roof and chancel arch 1883.
Pillar piscina C12 defaced. Head stop to South door. Norman font, circular with rosettes and band decoration. C16 bench ends, C15 or C16 panels to pulpit, some medieval tiles in North transept. East window stained galss 1903 by T F Curtis, Ward & Hughes (signed).
Listing NGR: SP0757246237
© Mr Peter Harnwell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Harnwell, Peter
Rights Holder: Harnwell, Peter
Lias, Tile, Timber, Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship