This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
4412 CALDERWOOD STREET SE18
(North Side) Woolwich Methodist Church TQ 4378 20/W7
1816. 2 storeys, 5 windows. Multicoloured stock brick. 3 centre bays project slightly. Stone cornice broken back at sides. High, stone-coped brick parapet; and above this, over the 3 bay centre, a further cornice and pediment with blank round window. Windows on both floors round headed in round arched recesses.
Stone 1st floor cill band and stuccoed band at 1st floor level. 6 steps to prostyle Tuscan porch with blocking course above cornice. 5-bay returns have round arched windows but no recesses. All arches of gauged brick, all glazing replaced, as is central double entrance door. Cornice head and radial leaded fanlight to door under arch of equal width to recesses at either side. Stone plaque in centre of parapet "The Methodist Chapel, 1816."
Listing NGR: TQ4329378845
© Ms Frances Ottaway. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Ottaway, Frances
Rights Holder: Ottaway, Frances
Brick, Stone, Georgian Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site, Methodist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument