This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP 1246 PEBWORTH FRONT STREET
5/8 30.7.59 Bank House
House 1705 banded blue lias stone with Cotswold stone dressings and modern tile roof.
Central stone stack with brick shaft. Coped West gable. T-plan. Two-storey and attic. Flush quoins at West end corners, first floor band and plinth with 2-light stone mullion basement window. South front with three 2-light stone mullioned windows to ground and first floor, single light at right hand side over door in moulded shouldered architrave and, between 1st and 2nd windows, large blank oval panel in moulded frame to each floor. West end stone mullioned windows to attic and 1st floor. Datestone HC 1705. At East end is attached an early C19 2-storey block with low pitch slate roof and 2 window range of casements. Gable rebuilt in brick with cambered head door and wider opening part blocked for window. Now the Post Office.
This section not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SP1296246833
© Mr Peter Harnwell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Harnwell, Peter
Rights Holder: Harnwell, Peter
Brick, Lias, Limestone, Slate, Tile, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Post Office, Commercial, Communications, Postal System Structure, Building, Unassigned