This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ 2677 NW FULHAM ROAD
249-/60/10054 No. 246
House, 1801-2. Formerly one of a pair of houses, the left-hand of which was demolished in c.1989. Three storeys with basement, faced in stock brick with gauged window arches of yellow brick; original hipped slate roof. Front windows and shop front inserted c.1878 for a firm of undertakers. Marble threshold to shop with inset brass letters spelling 'FUNERALS'. INTERIOR: Ground floor front room: Victorian shop-fittings including shelves on turned supports and mirrors. Ground rear: complete 1802 interior with original doors, cupboards, panelling, sash window with shutters, chimneypiece with reeded ornament, cornice. Ground passage: original panelling, lunette over inner door. Basement: original stairs, doors, cupboards, tiled floor. Staircase: closed string with scrolled ornament to lower flight; very unusual hinged mechanism for lifting lowest flight dating from c.1878; slender columnar newel posts; plain square rails; and swept handrail. Lit by tall original 21-pane sash window. First-floor front: reeded cornice, six-panel doors, shutters. First-floor rear: original doors, cupboard, sash window with shutters. Second-floor front: original doors, cupboards, fireplace (with mid-C19 coal grate). Windows replaced c.1878 but shutters remain. Second-floor rear: original doors, cupboards, sash window with shutters with panelling below.
Listing NGR: TQ2625577790
© Mr Adam Watson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Watson, Adam
Rights Holder: Watson, Adam
Brick, Slate, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Funeral Directors, Commercial, Shop