This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ 25NW BREECH LANE 3/67 Walton-on-the-Hill Tadworth 24.7.54 Church of St Peter (Formerly listed under General)
Church C15. Renewed in 1818 and further restored in 1870 and 1895. Flint with stone dressings and plain tile roof. 3 stage buttressed west tower; nave with aisles, north aisle/lady chapel and chancel. Polygonal turret in north east angle of tower rising through 2 stages from circular base. Moulding of the west door and window tracery renewed in the C19 except for early C20 windows (lancets) in the south aisle wall; nave dormers and battlements to tower: 1895.
Interior: Tower and chancel arches with attached demi shafts. 3 bay nave with cusped arch brace and wind brace roof. Late C14 triple sedelia in south wall of chancel with ogee arched priscina. Lead font: rare mid C12, an early example of the type with virtues and vices in arcades. C W Zanecki: The lead fonts of Great Britian (1966).
Pevsner Bulidings of England: Surrey 1971.
Listing NGR: TQ2237755089
© Mr David Evans. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Evans, David
Rights Holder: Evans, David
Flint, Tile, Medieval Church, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship