Fairfax House was one of the last mansion houses to survive along the High Street. Despite a campaign to save it, it was demolished in 1887. The entrance to Monserrat Road now occupies this site.
This is part of the Sub Series: OFH01/01/01 Negatives taken by William Field; within the Series: OFH01/01 Negatives originating from William Field; within the Collection: OFH01 Douglas Harrod, E P Olney and William Field Collection
Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Field, William O
Stuart House, Yard, People At Work