Volume: Martello Tower Number 24, Dymchurch, Kent
- Jan 1860 - Jan 2011
- Martello Tower Number 24, High Street, Dymchurch, Shepway, Kent
- Volume containing Graphic material
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
Seventy-nine sheets created between the 1860s and 2011, relating to the ownership, maintenance and presentation of Dymchurch Martello Tower Number twenty-four.
The earliest sheets in the group date from the 1860s and were created by the War Department, documenting the transferral of ownership of the tower from the War Department to H M Office of Works. The sheets in some cases also include details of transferral of ownership of nearby related Martello Towers twenty-three and twenty-five to private ownership.
There are also a number of sheets, created by the Ministry of Works in December 1959, which form a survey of the structure; some sheets have annotated and amended later copies.
The series also includes six oversized drawings, and some amended copies of earlier plans, showing presentation alterations.
Copyright Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive
Copyright Crown copyright.MOD
Copyright Historic England Archive
Contact Historic England Archive
Post Medieval Martello Tower