Volume: Ranger's House, Blackheath, Greater London

01 Jan 1945 - Dec 2002
Ranger's House, Chesterfield Walk, Greenwich Park, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Volume containing Graphic, Electronic, Textual and Miscellaneous material
Placeholder image for archive collection
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search


The 280 drawings of Ranger's House date from around 1950 to December 2002. There is one oversized drawing.

The earliest are plans of the building probably made after the Second World War by London County Council.

London County Council made a general survey of eleven drawings of the Building in July 1957 for restoration of war damage. In 1961 and 1962 they made five drawings relating to the replacement of the front boundary railings, and in 1964 they conducted a thorough survey of the decaying clock turret building which resulted in twenty-eight drawings.

There are fifteen drawings from 1966 to 1968 when the Greater London Council was planning a major renovation of the stable yard.

In February 1974 Greater London Council produced eight design drawings for modifications to convert the house to a gallery, with a further five drawings later in 1974. English Heritage produced ten further drawings relating to the stable yard in 1986.

Between 1987 and 1989 English Heritage commissioned a major survey for renovation of all services to the house with Graham G. Stephens & Partners commissioned to produce fourteen of the drawings and Richard Linzey, nine.

Twenty sketches and drawings, including one oversized template were created for new curtains in 1989. There are five drawings produced by English Heritage for a new iron gate between Ranger's House and Greenwich Park made between 1993 and 1995.

Computer Mapping Services Ltd made an electronic survey of eight drawings of the still decaying clock tower building for English Heritage in March 1999, and Abbey, Holford and Rowl Land Surveying conducted a full electronic survey of thirteen drawings of the house in early 2000.

There are also several drawings from 2002 relating to landscaping, pathway and excavation works.


This is part of the Series: EHC01/022 English Heritage Plans and Measured Drawings; within the Collection: EHC01 English Heritage(EH):Archive

This Volume is divided into 12 Jobs and 117 Child Records
This Volume contains the following materials:
Annotated Map: 3
Computer Generated Plot: 21
Drawing: 2
Excavation Plan: 1
Measured Drawing: 228
Measured Survey: 4
Sketch: 17
Sketch Plan: 1
Photograph (Digital): 17
Loose Notes: 1
Table: 1


© Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive

© Greater London Council

© London County Council

Contact Historic England Archive

Tate / Hopkins


WM & RW Bacon Ltd

People & Organisations

Creator of Archive: Linzey, Richard


Post Medieval House