Slipping Through the Net: Maritime Archives in Policy and Practice
Currently there is no clear system for the preparation, deposition and curation of maritime archaeological archives.
This document has been produced to articulate the current situation through a range of case studies which demonstrate why there is an urgent need to promote dialogue between organisations involved with marine archives. In summary it highlights the need for:
- Policy clarification by stakeholder organisations and clear articulation of respective roles and responsibilities.
- Development and promotion of standards for maritime archives.
- Full integration of maritime archaeological archives into museum collection policies.
- Maritime archaeological representation in archives and museum groups and forums, to improve communication and facilitate better integration.
- Publication Status: Completed
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Email: [email protected]