127, PYLE STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1034546
Date first listed:
01-Feb-1972
Statutory Address:
127, PYLE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 127, PYLE STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034546 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jul-2019 at 04:48:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
127, PYLE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Newport
National Grid Reference:
SZ 50091 89150

Details

PYLE STREET 1. 1445 (North Side)

No 127 SZ 5089 SW 3/287

II GY

2. Early C19 originally livery stables or coaching premises. 2 storeys painted brick. Low pitch table end slate roof, brick eaves cornice. 2 segment headed windows, recessed, sash, glazing bars. Gabled hatch to east. Ground floor, central entrance to covered way, with lintel leading to courtyard, now glazed over, with what were originally living quarters and stables, now garages. Door to west with segment headed fanlight and segment headed door to east, with small side window.

Nos 124 to 127 (consec) and the Methodist Chapel form a group

Group value note should be amended to read:

Nos. 124 to 127 (consec) and the Apollo Theatre form a group

------------------------------------

PYLE STREET 1. 1445 (North Side) SZ 5089 SW 3/287 No 127

II GV

2. Early C19 originally livery stables or coaching premises. 2 storeys painted brick. Low pitch gable end slate roof, brick eaves cornice. 2 segment headed windows, recessed, sash, glazing bars. Gabled hatch to east. Ground floor, central entrance to covered way, with lintel leading to courtyard, now glazed over, with what were originally living Quarters and stables, now garages. Door to west with segment headed fanlight and segment headed door to east, with small side window.

Nos 124 to 127 (consec) and the Methodist Chapel form a group

Listing NGR: SZ5008689159

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
309667
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jun 2000
Reference: IOE01/00219/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Rev Robert Rudd. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].