CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1049535

Date first listed: 04-Oct-1960

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CROMER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049535 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 20:20:35.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CROMER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Runton

National Grid Reference: TG 17972 42829

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RUNTON CROMER ROAD TG 14 SE WEST RUNTON 2/40 Church of the Holy Trinity 4:10:60 II* Parish church. Medieval. Flint with stone dressings. Slate, tile and lead roofs. West tower, nave, north and south aisles, north vestry, south porch, chancel. C13 embattled tower of 4 stages with angle buttresses. C14 Decorated 2-light west window with mouchettes. Lancet to south and to ringing chamber. 2-light bell-openings, the central shaft with capital; Y-tracery; continuous drip mould. Stair turret to north east corner with slit lights. West window of south aisle has Y-tracery; north aisle as west tower window. 4 bay nave. South aisle with 3 triangular headed windows of 2 cusped ogee headed lights; hood moulds with figure stops which are perhaps re-used. Between these windows are 2 smaller 2-light square headed windows. All windows restored, the aisle of knapped flint possibly refaced. East window of 3 lights with intersecting tracery. Hood mould. North aisle has C19 vestry to first bay then 3 Y-tracery windows with hood moulds. Buttressed chancel. To south 2 3-light Perpendicular windows with panel tracery, one window having an embattled demi- transom. Priests door with continuous chamfered order and hood mould. One 2-light triangular headed window with ogee headed lights. To north chancel 3 2-light Decorated windows, restored in C19. C19 Decorated east window of 5 lights. South porch to first aisle bay with diagonal buttresses. Ogee-headed light to east. Archway with polygonal shafts; 2 chamfered orders to arch. C19 nave doorway with figure stops. Interior. Springing for vault in tower. Nave arcades with octagonal piers and double-chamfered arches, restored. Tower and chancel arches similarly restored. Double piscina with cusped. ogee arches, shaft restored. Sedilia with shafts. Some re-used poppy-head bench ends. Roofs of restorations of 1854 and 1886. Octagonal font, the bowl supported on shafts with cusped ogee panels between.

Listing NGR: TG1797242829

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 223281

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing