43 AND 44, THE CLOSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1051307
Date first listed:
26-Feb-1954
Statutory Address:
43 AND 44, THE CLOSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 43 AND 44, THE CLOSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051307 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 01:09:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
43 AND 44, THE CLOSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Norwich (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TG 23667 08981

Details

TG 2309 NE THE CLOSE 17/209 26.2.54 Nos. 43 and 44 GV II* Houses. Late C17 with C18/C19 extensions and alterations. Red brick with burnt headers. Pantile roof. Built against precinct wall. 3 storeys, 4 bays, plus 2 bay extension to right. 2 storey 2 bay extension to left. No. 43 has C19 porch with trellis work. Sash windows throughout with segmental arches. Sash windows in left extension with glazing bars and rubbed brick flat arches. 3 Dutch gables. Crenellated parapet on left 'JHK' in iron tiebars for James and Katherine Hobart 1670.

Listing NGR: TG2366708981

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
228958
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09219/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Edward A. Dillimore. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].