THE OLD RECTORY AND OLD RECTORY COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052426

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY AND OLD RECTORY COTTAGE, STANDLAKE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY AND OLD RECTORY COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052426 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 23:21:48.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY AND OLD RECTORY COTTAGE, STANDLAKE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Ducklington

National Grid Reference: SP3591507479

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DUCKLINGTON STANDLAKE ROAD SP3507 (East side) 18/92 The Old Rectory and Old 12/09/55 Rectory Cottage (Formerly listed as Rectory and barn)

GV II

Rectory, now house and cottage. Early/mid C17; remodelled early C18 and extended c.1800. Uncoursed limestone rubble with dressed quoins; gabled stone slate roof; large stone ashlar ridge stack, and C20 brick left end stack. 2-unit lobby- entry plan, extended to triple-depth plan c.1800. 2 storeys and attic; 2- window range. Timber lintel over central blocked door with C20 light. Timber lintels over C20 window to left, late C18 tripartite sash altered by inserted mid/late C19 French windows to right, and over first-floor tripartite sashes; C19 roof dormers. Two-storey rear range of similar materials with stone ashlar ridge stack: tall sash, set in round-arched stair-light, and 6- panelled door with mid C19 Gothic porch to right side wall; 3-window range rear wall has 6-pane and tripartite sashes and mid C19 stone-mullioned bay window. Early C19 two-storey range to left, with 6-pane sashes and front outshut, is attached to stable range (now Old Rectory Cottage) with segmental-arched doors and windows. Interior: front range has early C17 stop-chamfered beams, early C18 bolection-moulded panelled doors, early C18 fireplace with pulvinated frieze, and collar-truss roof with butt purlins. To rear left is mid C18 panelling with dado rail, and winder stairs to small chamber above which has panelled door to closet; C17 studded door. c.1800 extension has 6-panelled doors set in panelled reveals, and quarter-turn stairs with stick balusters in central stone-flagged hall. Attics to rear have reset C15 painted beams, decorated with the Lovell, Deincourt, Holland and Poynings family emblems: probably from Minster Lovell Hall, dismantled in 1747. (Oxfordshire Museum, Woodstock, PRN 11207).

Listing NGR: SP3591507479

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 252168

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing