12, OLD ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052548

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1956

Date of most recent amendment: 18-May-1987

Statutory Address: 12, OLD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 12, OLD ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052548 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 21:40:37.

Location

Statutory Address: 12, OLD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Great Tew

National Grid Reference: SP3964829173

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT TEW OLD ROAD SP3929 (East side) 10/60 No.12 27/08/56 (Formerly listed as Cottage No.12)

GV II

House. C17, re-modelled early C19. Coursed squared marlstone with some ashlar dressings; thatch roof with ashlar ridge stack. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and one storey plus attic. Front is divided by 2 early C19 ashlar buttresses with moulded plinths and steep gabled heads; a continuous drip mould passes around them and across the centre and left bays, rising over the stone sundial in the latter, and formerly also in the centre over a datestone inscribed 1636 and a shield of arms, now re-set in the left end wall and replaced by a re-used moulded stone window with label. At first floor are two 3-light casements in the centre bay and a 2-light casement to right, all with C19 chamfered stone surrounds and labels. End wall of lower hipped-roofed left bay has two 2-light stone-mullioned windows with labels, one in a dormer gable, plus a C19 chamfered basket-arched doorway below a label with carved lozenge stops. Rear has a 3-light mullioned window and a stepped stair projection. Interior not inspected. (Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.628).

Listing NGR: SP3964829173

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 251871

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 628

End of official listing