This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE APPLE TREE INN

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE APPLE TREE INN

List entry Number: 1052712

Location

THE APPLE TREE INN, LECHLADE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Vale of White Horse

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Buscot

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Nov-1990

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 251463

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BUSCOT LECHLADE ROAD (North side) SU2397 The Apple Tree Inn 5/6 GV II Public house. C18 range of rubble stone with dressed stone quoins and gabled stone tiled roof enlarged in 1863 by an E addition of colourwashed brick with gabled machine tiled roof. The C18 section comprises 2 storeys; 2-window range with 2 gabled stone tiled dormers and end brick stacks, that to the W on a stone base. Blocked dressings to windows, modern 2- and 3- light casements with single glazing bars. Moulded architrave to doorway, modern door. The C19 range is of 2 storeys and 3 bays with modern door in left hand bay. The interiors of both ranges have been fully modernised. The inn was formerly The Campbell Arms named after Robert Tertuis Campbell who acquired Buscot Park in 1859 and who enlarged the premises in 1863 to cater for his estate workers.

Listing NGR: SU2307097520

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 23070 97520

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052712 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2017 at 11:32:39.

End of official listing