1, MARKET STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1052855

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1949

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Jul-1988

Statutory Address: 1, MARKET STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1, MARKET STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052855 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 17:34:48.

Location

Statutory Address: 1, MARKET STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Woodstock

National Grid Reference: SP 44494 16766

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOODSTOCK MARKET STREET SP4416NW (North side) 9/155 No.1 18/10/49 (Formerly listed as The Pharmacy) GV II House, now shop. Early C19, with C17 origins. Squared and coursed limestone; gabled Welsh slate roof; brick end stack. Double-depth plan. 3 storeys; one-window range. C20 shop window. Canted 2-storey oriel window, with moulded cornices, sashes to first-floor and casements with glazing bars to second floor. Rear wing has C19 brick gable end and brick wing further to rear. Interior: early C18 cellar to rear. On first floor, early C19 marble fireplace and remains of C17 timber framing and queen-post truss in right side wall. Described as "new built" in 1802. (Information from VCH)

Listing NGR: SP4449416766

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 253147

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing