Heritage Category: Listed Building
List Entry Number: 1053410
Date first listed: 30-Mar-1989
Statutory Address: HOME LEA
The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053410 .pdf
The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.
This copy shows the entry on 19-Mar-2019 at 09:40:21.
Statutory Address: HOME LEA
The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.
District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
National Grid Reference: SU 24807 99336
Farmhouse, now house. Late C17 extended 1767 (datestone) with later additions and alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble; stone slate roofs. 3-unit baffle-entry plan with lower range dated 1767 set back to left. 2 storeys and attic. Mullioned windows with dripstones throughout, 4 directly below eaves and 3 to ground floor, one to left and 2 to right of entrance, all of 2 lights except for 3-light windows directly to either side of roughly central entrance, which has small C20 casement immediately to left. Gabled dormers in middle of roof slope to left and right. Integral end stacks, shaft of right totally rebuilt in C20 and left rebuilt above dripstone. Ridge stack immediately to right of centre has shaft rebuilt above dripstone. Entrance through C20 four-panel door under gabled bracketed hood. C18 range to left has integral end stack rebuilt in C20 with datestone "TM 1767" below shaft. Rectangular bread oven projection to base. Rear (road side) also has 2-light mullion windows with dripstones. 3 directly below eaves and 3 to ground floor; another lighting staircase between left and centre bays. Roughly central gabled dormer in roof slope. C18 addition has two C20 casements with concrete lintels and two C20 eaves dormers. Interior. Chamfered spine beans to ground- and first-floor rooms of main range with winder staircases to sides of end stacks leading from first floor to attic (corresponding staircases from ground to first floor now removed). Attic has double-purlin collar truss roof in 5 bays. C18 addition has chamfered spine bean and joists to ground floor with position of winder staircase visible to right of inglenook fireplace, which has chamfered wood lintel. Similar roof to that of main range in 2 bays. 
Listing NGR: SU2480799336
The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.
Legacy System number: 253815
Legacy System: LBS
This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.
End of official listing