Wall and Coat of Arms adjoining Lydham Manor to south-west

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1054506

Date first listed: 02-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: Wall and Coat of Arms adjoining Lydham Manor to south-west, A488

Map

Ordnance survey map of Wall and Coat of Arms adjoining Lydham Manor to south-west
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054506 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 04:27:19.

Location

Statutory Address: Wall and Coat of Arms adjoining Lydham Manor to south-west, A488

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Lydham

National Grid Reference: SO3303889936

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 38 NW 5/144

LYDHAM C.P. A488 (west side) Wall and Coat of Arms adjoining Lydham Manor to south-west

GV II Wall with coat of arms. Coat of Arms circa 1814-16, inserted in probably late C19 or C20 wall. Red brick with buttresses and stone coping. Approximately 15 metres long and 2.5 metres high. Sandstone coat of arms, probably of the Oakeley family; central shield within cartouche, crest under hood above, flanking carved oak leaves, and motto below: "PURITAS FONS HONORIS". The coat of arms came from the now demolished Lydham Manor by J.H. Haycock of 1814-16.

Listing NGR: SO3303889936

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 257058

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing